Passport and Visa Requirements

YOUR PASSPORT EXPIRATION DATE:     Most countries now require your passport to be valid for SIX MONTHS after the return date of your planned travels. If your passport expires within SIX MONTHS of your travel return date you must renew your passport. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this new international travel requirement. 

1. Look at the travel date you return home.
2. Add SIX MONTHS to that date.
3. If your passport expires before that calculated date you MUST renew your passport. 

DO YOU NEED A USA PASSPORT?     If YES, take steps immediately to get a Passport.

US State Department Passport Web Site:  
To renew a USA Passport:
To find a Passport Acceptance Facility near you:
US Post Office Passport Services:

Visa Requirements


If you have a USA, CANADA, UK or EU passport, you will receive an Israel Tourist Visa and be allowed to enter Israel upon arrival. No special circumstances apply to you. 

If you do not have a USA, CANADA, UK or EU passport you may be required to have an Israel Tourist Visa in advance of departing the USA. If an Israel Tourist Visa is required prior to your arrival in Israel, the Visa and administrative arrangements are your personal responsibilities. Emmaus will assist you but is not responsible for the satisfaction of any Tourist Visa requirements.

It is the full responsibility of the person traveling to have a valid Passport and any other documentation (Green Card, Entry Visa, Return Visa) that permits acceptable travel to and from the USA and to and from Israel.

For the most up to date information regarding Israel Tourist Visa requirements please visit the Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs website:

A helpful website for international visa requirements is:

If your circumstances require you to have an Israel Tourist Visa in advance of your arrival in Israel you may begin your visa application process by clicking HERE.


Green Card Requirements

If you are a current USA GREEN CARD holder, you need valid documentation to re-enter the USA. If you are seeking to re-enter the United States after temporary travel abroad, you will need to present a valid, unexpired “Green Card” (Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card). When arriving at a port of entry a U.S. Customs and Border Protection Officer will review your permanent resident card and any other identity documents you present, such as a passport, foreign national I.D. card or U.S. Driver’s License to determine if you can enter the United States.

For information pertaining to entry into the United States see U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s webpage at

Green Card Renewal Information:


Re-entry Advisory

If your return Visa or Green Card documentation is lost, incomplete or invalid upon leaving Israel or any other country associated with your return flights to the USA, you may be denied access to board your return flight to the USA. If this is the case for you, you forfeit your non-refundable return group airline ticket and you will be required to remain in that country or fly to your homeland until you have secured a valid Visa or Green Card documentation to re-enter the USA. It can take up to two weeks or more to secure a valid Visa or Green Card documentation to re-enter the USA. All hotel, travel, food, flights and associated expenses are the sole responsibility of the individual traveler. Emmaus is not responsible financially for your return airfare to the USA and is not responsible financially for any expenses you incur while securing a valid Visa or Green Card documentation to re-enter the USA. The traveler is hereby warned that lost, incomplete or invalid documentation preventing re-entry into the USA can be very disruptive, time consuming and expensive. The traveler is hereby warned to secure proper USA re-entry documentation prior to leaving the USA and to protect those documents while traveling abroad. All conditions mentioned above apply equally to those originating from and returning to a country other than the USA.


Upload Your Passport Picture-Page

YOUR PASSPORT PICTURE-PAGE:     You are REQUIRED to supply Emmaus a color copy of the picture-page of your passport. Your copy will be used to help verify travel documents and any visa requirements. Three options are available for you to supply your required passport picture-page:

1. send a printed copy by surface mail,
2. send a scan or a picture attached to an email, or
3. use the Upload Your Passport Picture-Page feature below.


Related Links


  • "This program will have a long lasting effect in the years to come. It is impossible to gain the full impact of what you are learning on the trip. It takes some time and consideration when you return to realize and unpack the wealth of knowledge that you have received from both Dr. Notley and Dr. Thompson. The program also allows you to see the Scriptures in a new light. Having the understanding and grasp that both of our professors have for the land is truly a rare quality. Their combined passion for the land and for the Lord is unequaled in my experiences in North America. Not only are they gifted, but their pursuit and goal is to pass this passion on to their students. Dr. Thompson provided OT insights that can only be experienced by being in the land. Dr. Notley gave insights to Scripture that can only be seen if we view Jesus in His 1st century setting and have a grasp of the land. I am truly grateful that they combined their talents to provide this program. It is by their effort and others that the Holy Land is made accessible to the heart and mind of each group. The land and the trip were life changing."
    J.G., Israel Trip